Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Examination is an Indian government examination conducted for recruiting staff to various posts in ministries, departments, and organizations affiliated to the Indian government. STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION SYLLABUS IS BELOW.
The SSC CGL syllabus and exam pattern for Combined Graduate Level Examination is set by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). With the help of the SSC CGL exam pattern and syllabus, candidates can make a strategy for the exam preparation in a systematic manner.
The latest SSC CGL syllabus is published in the official SSC CGL notification.
What is SSC CGL? It stands for the Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level exam, a major exam for the graduate candidates can apply to get a job in the prestigious ministries of the government for posts such as Tax Assistant, Inspector, Assistant Audit Officer, etc.
Know about the post wise educational qualifications required to apply online for the SSC CGL exam:
|SSC CGL Post||SSC CGL 2020 Educational Qualifications|
|Junior Statistical Officer||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with a minimum of 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th|
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University|
CA/CS/MBA/Masters in Commerce/ Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade-II||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects from a recognized University or Institute.|
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent|
SSC CGL Age Limit
The candidates must belong to the age group of 20 to 30 years to apply for SSC CGL, however, the age limits vary depending on the position applied. For instance, the rank for Inspector of Central Bureau of Narcotics earlier has an age measure from 18 to 27 years, however, that was extended to 30 years in September 2018. There is no restriction for the candidates with respect to caste, creed, color, religion, sex, and physical disabilities.
SSC CGL Age Relaxation
Some of the categories such as OBC, SC, ST, PH, etc are given relaxation in age to provide them an opportunity to apply for CGL. Know the details:
|3||PH + OBC||13 years|
|4||PH + Gen||10 years|
|5||PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|7||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|8||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
SSC CGL Application Fee
- The application fee to apply for SSC CGL is Rs. 100/-
- Females, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates are exempted from paying the fee.
- Applications fee should be paid only through SBI either in the form of challan or through Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. The Challan form will be generated online.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
ssc cgl tier 1
The Tier 1 exam is the first stage to be passed by the aspirants in order to qualify for Tier 2. Tier 1 comprises 100 questions totaling 200 marks that need to be attempted in 60 minutes. The subject wise division of questions has been provided below:
|NO.||SUBJECTS||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MAX MARKS||TIME|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
- There is a negative marking of 0.5 marks in all sections.
- The duration of the exam is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern For Tier 2
This is a CBE (computer-based examination). There are 4 sections in the Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL 2020, with 100 questions that account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|NO.||SUBJECTS||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MAX MARKS||EXAM DURATION|
|1||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies||100||200||2 Hours|
- Paper-1 and Paper-2 are compulsory for all posts.
- Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”.
- Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”.
- Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in Paper-1,3,4 and 0.25 marks in Paper-2.
- Questions in Paper-I will be of 10th standard level, Paper-2 of 10+2 level, and Paper-3 & 4 of graduation level.
- The exam duration is 2 hours and 40 Minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern For Tier 3
- Tier 3 is a descriptive exam and is conducted offline.
- Candidates need to write an Essay/Letter/Application/Precis. This is to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi.
- Tier 3 exam accounts for a total of 100 marks.
- The time duration is 60 minutes.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern For Tier 4
The Tier 4 of SSC CGL Exam 2020 comprises DEST/CPT.
1. Data Entry Speed Test Will be required for the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax). Any Candidate who takes the computer proficiency test is not required to appear for DEST as part 1 of CPT (Typing) will be automatically considered for DEST evaluation.
Requirement: Candidates must possess 8000 key depression per hour, which is equivalent to 2000 key depression per 15 minutes.
Relaxation: For VH Candidates: 20 minutes.
2. CPT (Computer Proficiency Test) includes the following three modules:
- Word Processing,
- Spread Sheets and
- Generation of slides
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||General Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Classification||Static General Knowledge (Indian History, etc.)||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Coding-Decoding||Current Affairs||Averages||Fill in the Blanks|
|Matrix||Sports||Percentage||Phrases and Idioms|
|Word Formation||Books and Authors||Ratio and Proportion||One word Substitution|
|Venn Diagram||Important Schemes||Problem on Ages||Sentence Correction|
|Direction and Distance||Portfolios||Speed, Distance and Time||Error Spotting|
|Blood Relations||Number System|
|Verbal reasoning||Data Interpretation|
so you have seen STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION SYLLABUS 2020-21.
For current jobs opening check this: click here.